When starting to prepare for the new journey such as buying a new home or starting a company, there are various important things to consider and at some point, you may wonder either to buy a generator or not though it is one of the most effectivestuff used nowadays. What is basically a generator? It is a useful machine which supplies electrical power during a power outage to stop the gap in daily activities which one can face and also it helps in avoiding the disturbance of business operations.
There are numerous types of generators which can be used but they all will require some amount of fuel to produce electricity. Generators can be used on the daily basis where electricity is desired but unavailable or some people take it with them while they go for camping or they can be used as construction at the work sites and similarly, they are used at homes as the backup source.
As is noticed, the weather is changing nowadays and it’s getting hotter than ever, with the change in weather, there is increased amount of load shedding which several people are facing and for this purpose, home generators might be needed to overcome this issue.
For the home usage of generators, you should buy a small portable generator which can power the basic items such as:
- Several Lights and Fans.
For the business purpose, you should buy a whole house generator which is basically installed and classically run on natural gas. With this generator, you can use all essential and non-essential items including central air systems, PCs and other things required in a company.
So now you have decided which generator you want to buy, there may be any reason for the purchase of generator such as in companies, you don’t want your employees to sit and waste their time when there is a power outage that is why you want to buy a generator and make use of it or if at home, you have lots of things to freeze and you don’t want them to just get rotten when there is no electricity at home for couple of hours. However, there can be number of factors to consider when going to buy a stand-by generator and it can be a complicated process if you have no idea about these things.
Here are some of the points to deliberate when buying a generator:
- Maintaining an equipment: The most important point of considering is who will be maintaining an equipment as it needs to be properly handled so that when there is a need to start it on the next power outage, you will know that whose work is that. If the generator is not appropriately maintained, it can result in the machine failure throughout that critical time when you need it the most.
- Location of generator: Before buying, make sure that you know where it will be located, it should be placed somewhere so that it can be easily accessible for repair or preservation. A place which is recommended to keep your generator is the one where it is near to the transfer switch and to the supply of fuel.
- Voltage Requirement: If you are not confirm about the voltage requirement, do ask your electrician, he can easily provide this information.
- Power Requirement: When buying a generator, it is necessary to know the power requirement either you want it for home or for other purpose.
- Fuel Type: The emergency standby commonly works on the diesel, natural gas and propane. The factor which is measured here is the cost of fuel and it normally depends on the size of a generator and the availability of fuel.
- Accessory Requirement: It depends on the type of generator, the commercial type mainly provides an optional remote which gives the status of a generator.
- Warranty: This factor also depends on the type of a generator, normally the warranty of generator varies from 1 year to 5 years. It is a good tactic to get the warranty duration.
We hope the above information will help you in understanding the need of generators and the main aspects to take into concern when buying it.